Saturday 29 August 2009

I just couldn't help myself

I always say I will NOT use any game walkthroughs, cheat sheets or other interweb resources whenever I start a game and once I get to around the 70hrs of gameplay mark (as I have now) the void of stuff I'm missing starts to nag at me. It's worst when I find something by accident - stumbling across the first few cactuars for example. Then after searching Sanubia Desert for three hours to no avail, and even though I have the Baroque Sword with no encounters so I don't have to waste my time with any more fucking pathetic Alcyones I just can't bring myself to spend another second combing the blinding sands.
And a little voice starts saying; 'Look, it's not really CHEATING. You still have to actually do the game. It's just a time saving device.' And whereas to start with, I would have responded; 'No! That will result in a hollow and meaningless victory!' now I'm just thinking; "Yup, let's fire up Google."

What can I say? I'm weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment