Saturday 11 July 2009

Statement of Intent

I recently completed Infamous and so irritating was its half-baked conclusion I vowed there and then never to waste money buying games on their release date. If they're any good, they'll still be good months, or years after release.

(I realise writing this that I'm lying, because in November when Heavy Rain comes out, I'll crawl over broken glass to get to that game first, but give me a break, I've been salivating over it ever since Quantic Dream said they had another game in mind after Farenheit in 2005.)

So, anyway. In these blogs, you can expect no up to date reviews, no previews, no cutting edge material of any kind whatsoever, just my musings on stuff I'm playing loooooooooong after its release. Not too long. I mean, I'm not from the 1950s I won't go into raptures over Centipede or Pong or anything. But early noughties at the very least.



Expect nostalgia.

Expect reminiscing.

And bitterness. Lots and lots of bitterness.

Acknowledgements and stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment